Yesterday I went to the demodays at Doe@Ding with my sister and boy did we have a ball. We did a lovely workshop with Monique and against all odds she got me hooked on distress markers (but more about that later). And we have been chatting with Miranda van den Bosch for a long time; she demonstrated the Dylusions sprays, stamps and masks and we loved it. Now the stamps are lovely but quite big, which is lovely for a canvas, or to do a (note)book cover, but for cards the're just too big. I immediately got the idea to use Kraftin Kimmie stamps which are smaller and will fit a card but who in my opinion do fit the idea of the Dylusions illustrations. So here's my first attempt.
Because I have only 4 colours (yellow, light and dark orange and black) I felt the colour of the card was a bit dull so I took off some colour from some of the flowers and coloured those in with purple ecoline, and that worked fine. I wonder if I can sprake with ecoline too in combination with the Dylusions. Will try that later. I doodled a little with a white paintmarker and did the white dots in the left top with a mask and white acryllic paint. Er is some paste with which you can make texture with the stencils but I didn't buy that. I will try with some gesso and see what the effect is. With this Kraftin Mimmie I coloured the eyes white and gave the stuffed toy a purple heart.
I kept the inside very simple; just diecut two tickets with leftovers and made a birthday wish with rub ons.
Here is what I bought so far, but I really need some more colours in order to make it more interesting. Hope you liked this one, it's a really new technique for me.
I wonder if I can find some challenges for this card too.......